mor por base has shifted

Types of implants and problems with implants.

mor por base has shifted

Unread post by buddy06 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:27 pm

My eye lid will not come down to cover my eye and it is very dry. has this happened to anyone, my local eye doctor said that the base had re-settled does this indicate more surgery.

Unread post by Teka » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:53 am

It hasnt happened to me, but my occularist said that if it does, they can make the eye smaller so that it closes over. Your eye does become dry and more irritable and discharges more because of it.

I would suspect that plastic surgery to the eyelid could also improve it.

I wish you luck, it isnt nice when further problems develop from this one huge problem we all have.

Lost right eye in 2000.

Unread post by adkilpatrick » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:15 am

my eyelid doesn't close either but this is because of radiotherapy treatment killing the muscles around my eye.
I have had plastic surgery done twice and this greatly improved the appearance but my lid still won't shut.
I find this is more of a problem to other people than it is to me especially my poor hubby who sometimes doesn't know if i am awake or asleep if he's on my blind side but i find this a good excuse to have a nap when conversation is a bit boring or the tv programme is not to my taste lol.
My eye also gets very dry and this is because the lid is not coming down and moiturising the eye but my ocularist has highly recommended Systane i have posted a link to this in another thread,
Hope this helps
Anne x

Unread post by Elizabeth_j » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:32 pm

Hi Buddy,
I am so sorry to hear about your lid problem. I would lubricate it constantly. If the Systane doesn't last long enough, I'd use Puralube. It's an optical quality white petroleum with a little mineral oil. There are no preservatives. It is the same as Refresh PM but it costs about 5 dollars a tube less. I don't know if you're in the States or not, but your pharmacist or chemist can probably point out an equivalent if neither of those are available to you. Just make sure you use optical quality petroleum.

I like the long lasting effects of the petroleum, but hate the greasy excess. I'm about to the point of not caring as long as it gets the job done.

I hope your lids improve in time.

best wishes,