What kind of eye?????

Types of implants and problems with implants.

What kind of eye?????

Unread post by Kindrick » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:19 am

I was told that I am having my eye taken out a bone something put in then 6 weeks later a pin will be drilled into that bone then the eye part with will be made of coral will be put in my eye. Can i take it out and what is the name of the kind of eye I am getting???
My doctor spend 5 mins with me going over everything that is why I have 100 questions.

Unread post by Jay » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:28 am

Be sure to talk with your doctor about whether the coral implant is good for you, because some people later get infections with them and sometimes they cause problems.
Check out "Lost Eye : Coping with Monocular Vision after Enucleation or Eye Loss from Cancer, Accident, or Disease" at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0595392644 and my e-mail is jay_adkisson [at] msn.com

Unread post by Kindrick » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:53 am

Well the Doctor is suppost to be the best and that is what he said he thought I should get and I dont know of any other eye.
What would be the better eye?

Sorry to ask so many questions

Unread post by Kindrick » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:58 am

with this eye I am getting what is the name of it so I can look it up?
And will I be able to take it out?

Unread post by Marmalade » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:47 pm

Have a look here for the coral implant. The medical name for coral is hydroxyapatite.

Unread post by riverdog » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:55 pm

The other popular eye is the Medpor implant - highly regarded at Wilmer Eye Clinic in Baltimore.

Best of luck to you!